Thorne Family Genealogy Pages
|Home Tree Links Contact Sitemap|
Additional Notes & Sources
Little was known in our family about my grandmother's sisters. My dad took down some notes from his mum many years ago before her death in 1978. Granny's sisters as listed by herself Annie Rose Hawkins Amelia Jane Hawkins Elizabeth Caroline Hawkins Alice May Hawkins Rose Jessica(Amelia) Hawkins (Not sure about this one. Might be Annie listed twice) Violet Louise Hawkins UPDATE: I now believe "Rose Jessica (Amelia)" above, is referring to Annie Rose's daughter. Rose A J Deciacco. She appears on an electoral roll as Rose Amelia and the family she married into knew her as Rose Jessie.
Siblings Summery Born 1892 Annie Rose Hawkins.....Wed age 25, to John Deciacco in 1918. Died 1975, aged 82 1896 Amelia Jane Hawkins....Wed age 29, to Sidney Thorne in 1925. Died 1978, aged 81 1900 Elizabeth C Hawkins....Wed age 22, to Henry Lummes..in 1922. Died 1991, aged 91 1903 Alice May Hawkins......Wed age 23, to Thomas Green..in 1927. Died 1994, aged 90 1904 Henry Thomas Hawkins........................................ Died 1904, aged 0 1906 Frederick Robert P Hawkins.................................. Died 1907, aged 1 1909 Violet Louise Hawkins..Wed age 32, to Frank Light...in 1942. Died 1970, aged 60 NOTE: From the 1911 Census we know that there were another 3 siblings. I've not found them but there are two possible entries on the BMD index that could be right. Samuel died the same month he was born: Surname, First Name, Mother, Year Hawkins, Samuel Arthur, Allen, 1900 J Lambeth 01D 387 Hawkins, Reginald Edward, Allen, 1902 J Lambeth 01D 395
• Annie Rose Hawkins • Birth - BMD Index Births Sep 1892 - Hawkins Annie Rose Lambeth 1d 322 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Annie Rose Hawkins (b.22nd Aug 1892) Baptism: 18 Sep 1892 Father: John Hawkins - Type founder Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 27 Bond Street Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Surrey Marriage - BMD Index Marriages Sep 1918 Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page Deciacco John Hawkins Lambeth 1d 577 Hawkins Annie R Deciacco Lambeth 1d 577 Marriage - Certificate Name: Annie Rose Hawkins (aged 25) Spouse: John Desiasco (aged 27), Private A.S.C Date: 20 Aug 1918, Emmanuel, Surrey, Lambeth Bride's Father: John Hawkins, Type Founder Groom's Father: Gatation Desiasco, Mosaic worker Both at address: 25 Fitzalan Street Electoral Roll - 1924, 1925, 1926,1928, 1930, 1931 245 Queens Buildings, SE1 - Rose Deciacco & John Deciacco Electoral Roll - 1932, 1933, 1934 245 Queens Buildings, SE1 - Rose Deciacco NOTE: John Deciacco had died in 1931. Electoral Roll - 1937 13 Alberta Street - Annie Rose Deciacco & Rose Amelia Deciacco Electoral Roll - 1939 108G Queens Buildings - Rose Deciacco Snr. & Rose Deciacco Jnr. 1939 Register Block G 108 Queens Buildings Surname Name DOB Occupation Deciacco, Annie R. 22 Aug 92 W Housemaid. Marsden/Deciacco, Rose A.J. 28 Nov 14 S Shoe Cleaner. Wilson/Deciacco, Doris A. 31 Mar 21 S Tobacco Worker. Electoral Roll - 1945, 1946 143 Ponsonby Buildings, Nicholson St, SE1 - Annie R.Deciacco & Doris A.Deciacco NOTE: Same building No.122, Annie's other daughter, Rose & husband William Marsden live. Same Buiding No.40, Annie's sister, Violet Light & family. Electoral Roll - 1948, 1949, 1950 107 Queens Buildings, Scovell Rd, SE1 - Annie R.Deciacco & Doris A.Deciacco Electoral Roll - 1955 164 J Queens Buildings, Collinson St, SE1 - Annie R.Deciacco & Doris A.Deciacco Death - BMD Index 1975 Annie Rose Deciacco Dartford vol.16 page.0806 (dob 22/8/1891) NOTE: Annie's husband, John Deciacco, passed away in 1931. Annie Rose Deciacco's Children - BMD Index Births Dec 1914 Surname First name(s) Mothers Maiden District Vol Page Deciacco Rosa A J Hawkins London C. 1c See D/26 This entry appears to be a late entry referring to the following Births 1926 Dec: Hawkins,Rose A J,Hawkins,London C,1c,8 Births Jun 1921 Surname First name(s) Mothers Maiden District Vol Page Deciacco Doris A Hawkins Southwark 1d 50 NOTE: Rose A J Deciacco has been written into the bottom of the 1914 BMD Index. No idea why she might not of been registered until 1926. Her parents didn't marry until the end of the war in 1918. The 1939 register has her correct year of birth listed as 1914.
• Amelia Jane Hawkins • Birth - BMD Index Births Dec 1896 - Hawkins Amelia Jane St. Saviour 1d 175 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Amelia Jane Hawkins (in margin, b.23rd Sept 1896) Baptism: 9 Oct 1896 Father: John Hawkins - Type founder Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 7 St.Gabriel St Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Walworth, Southwark, Surrey Birth - Certificate Amelia Jane Hawkins - 23rd September 1896, Sub-district St Mary's Newington. NOTE: Obtained from short birth certificate. Not on certificate - Parents John and Amelia Hawkins. Marriage - Certificate Amelia Jane Hawkins & Sidney Charles Thorne. Date: 19th December 1925. Place: Registry office Southwark. Name: S. Thorne, aged 31 - Seaman Merchant service. Father: Charles Thorne(deceased) - Boiler makers labourer. Address: 188 Queens buildings. Scovell Road Name: A. Hawkins aged 29 - Paper packer. Father: John Hawkins(deceased) - Type founder. Address: 3 Toulmin Street. Witness: D Lee, & H Lee. NOTE: Toulmin street is very close to Queens buildings and Great Suffolk. NOTE: D Lee, is Sidney's sister Dora & her husband Harry Lee. Death - certificate Died 27th March 1978 Aged 81 years. (cremated)
• Elizabeth Caroline Hawkins • Birth - BMD Index Births Jun 1900 - Hawkins Elizabeth Caroline Lambeth 1d 296 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Elizabeth Caroline Hawkins (b.18 march 1900) Baptism: 15 Apr 1900 Father: John Hawkins - Type Founder Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 27 Bazon Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Surrey Marriage - BMD Index Marriages Dec 1922 Hawkins Elizabeth C Lummes Southwark 1d 224 Lummes Henry E Hawkins Southwark 1d 224 Electoral Roll - 1923-1928 10 Horsman St, Camberwell - Annie Lummes, Frank Lummes & Harry Edward Lummes. NOTE: Annie & Frank Lummes is Elizabeth's inlaws. Elizabeth doesn't qualify to vote until after 1928, so is not on the roll. Electoral Roll - 1929-1938 10 Horsman St, Camberwell - Harry Edward Lummes & Elizabeth Caroline Lummes. & up until 1931 Annie Lummes,& up until 1936 Frank W.Lummes. NOTE: Horsman St. was hit by a V1 on the 14th January 1945. No evidence to suggest the Lummes family where still there after 1938. Although the Lummes family were bombed out of their home twice during the war. Addresses unknown. Death - BMD Index Deaths Jun 1991 - Elizabeth Caroline Lummes 91yrs Northern Surrey 17 494 DOB: 18 Mar 1900 Elizabeth Caroline Lummes Children - BMD Index Births Jun 1923 Surname First name(s) Mothers Maiden District Vol Page Lummes Elizabeth R Hawkins Southwark 1d 189 Births Jun 1927 Surname First name(s) Mothers Maiden District Vol Page Lummes Harry E Hawkins Southwark 1d 84
• Alice May Hawkins • Birth - BMD Index Births Sep 1903 - Hawkins Alice May Southwark 1d 4 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Alice May Hawkins (b.6th April 1903) Baptism: 3 May 1903 Father: John Hawkins - Type founder Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 40 Stamford St Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Surrey School - Admissions 18th Oct 1909 Orange Street School Southwark Alice May Hawkins. Father John Hawkins (type caster). Address: 141 I Q's Buildings. NOTE: Has wrong DOB. 10/08/03. Should be 06/04/03. Can't explain this but it is the correct record. Marriage - BMD Index Marriages Jun 1927 Green Thomas B Hawkins Southwark 1d 122 Hawkins Alice M Green Southwark 1d 122 NOTE: Alice married a Green is confirmed by Grans notes. Electoral Roll - 1929 to 1935 102 Ponsonby Buildings, Charles St - Alice May Green & Thomas Benjamin Green. NOTE: Alice's mother Amelia Hawkins and Sister Violet are living a few doors down at No.109 Electoral Roll - 1936 to 1939 153 Ponsonby Buildings, Charles St - Alice May Green & Thomas Benjamin Green. Electoral Roll - 1945 to 1949 35 Warham Street, SE5 - Alice May Green, Thomas Benjamin Green & Amelia Hawkins. NOTE: Amelia Hawkins (nee.Allen) dies in 1949. Electoral Roll - 1958 35 Warham Street, SE5 - Alice M.Green & Thomas B.Green. Jean A.M Pearson & Donald K.Pearson NOTE: Jean A.M Pearson is the daughter of Alice and Thomas Green. Death - BMD Index Name: GREEN, Alice May Registration district: Wandsworth, County London. Date of registration: January 1994 Date of Birth: 21 June 1903 NOTE: I am not sure if this is the right BMD entry. It all fits except for the date of birth. Perhaps whoever registered the death made a mistake.
• Thomas Henry Hawkins • BMD Index Births Jun 1904 - Hawkins Thomas Henry Southwark 1d 4 Deaths Sep 1904 - Hawkins Thomas Henry 0 Southwark 1d 2 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Thomas Henry Hawkins (b.1st April 1904) Baptism: 24 Apr 1904 Father: John Hawkins - Printer's Labourer Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 40 Stamford St Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Surrey Obtained: London Metropolitan Archives, Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth. Register of baptisms, P85/JNA3, Item 022
• Frederick Hawkins • BMD Index Births Dec 1906 - Hawkins Frederick Robert P Southwark 1d 60 Deaths Mar 1907 - Hawkins Frederick Robert P 0 Southwark 1d 33 Birth - Parish Baptism record Name: Frederick Robert Hawkins (b.3rd Nov 1906) Baptism: 2 Dec 1906 Father: John Hawkins - Printer's Labourer Mother: Amelia Hawkins Abode: 141 I Queens Buildings Parish: Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Surrey
• Violet Louisa Hawkins • Birth - BMD Index Births Sep 1909 - Hawkins Violet Gertrude L Southwark 1d 58 Birth - Certificate Name: Violet Gertrude Louisa Hawkins Date: 31st July 1909 Father: John Hawkins, Printers labourer Mother: Amelia Hawkins, formerly Allen Address: 141 block I Queens Buildings Informant: F Dawson 140 block I NOTE: